Rituals Career Development
Considering a rewarding career with the Rituals Salon Spa team? Click here!
Integral to the corporate culture at Rituals Salon-Spa is a focus on ongoing education and skills development. We keep up with emerging trends in the beauty industry, and take part in a wide variety of courses to constantly hone our craft. Here is a look at some of the educational and training programs in which our stylists and therapists have recently participated:
- R-Path - This nine-month continuing education program was designed to instill in newly licensed stylists the principles of successful hairstyling. Our team -- including master and senior stylists, who are also the mentors for the less-tenured staff -- participate in this course in order to mold each member of our team into a more complete designer and, most importantly, into a more conscientious, compassionate, and empathic human being.
- Kevin Murphy editorial work - Our stylists participated in a two-day workshop in hair, makeup and clothing design, with professional models who then completed a photo shoot.
- Schwarzkopf Color - Salon staff spent a full day learning the ins and outs of this color line in its entirety, including the newest highlighting and blonding line, Blonde ME.
- UNITE cutting class - A Unite representative from Herrods’ Salon, in London, presented Rituals staff with a tutorial on the latest trends from Britain pertaining to haircutting, and the use of shapes and angles in fashion.
- Twinstates trade show - The salon and guest services staffs attended a two-day trade show in Hampton Roads featuring instruction in cutting, color, retail and numerous other trade-related topics.
- Perfect Tresse EXTENSIONS - Our salon service providers took a two-day class in Northern Virginia on this new extension line.
- Foundations 1 from Eufora - Our stylists attended a three-day workshop, where they learned both hands-on techniques and business theory utilizing this core haircutting system.
- Schwarzkopf Color Bar Jam - A Schwarzkopf Color Educator comes in every 6 weeks to spend the day at our salon enlightening us with new color ideas, placements, and patterns
- Jay Fata with Eufora - Jay works with Eufora’s HERO line and brought our staff men’s barbering education with an edge, using the newest and trendiest cutting techniques for today’s man.
- Regional Eminence training - Staff traveled to Washington D.C for a Regional Eminence Skincare Conference about the newest Eminence Peel and Vitamin C and E line.
- Ft. Lauderdale spa conference - The entire spa staff attended a spa conference in Ft. Lauderdale, for continued Eminence education in make-up and airbrush tanning.
- New York spa conference - Our spa estheticians traveled to New York for an industry-wide conference covering all aspects of spa treatments.
- Jane Iredale makeup - Representatives from Jane Iredale periodically come to our salon to train our staff in the use of this mineral-based makeup line, including color matching and application.
- Eminence skincare - Boldijarre Koronczay, owner of the Eminence skincare line, spent the day in our spa sharing massage techniques and tips on product cocktailing to best suit guests' needs.
- PCA training - Representatives from PCA skincare periodically come to our spa to train staff in product knowledge, skincare and peels.
- Eminence Skincare training - Representatives from Eminence Skincare periodically come to our spa to share techniques and product knowledge of the Eminence Citrus and Kale treatment lines.
- Eufora - Representatives from Eufora attend our salon to train staff in curly and textured hair styling techniques, razor and texturizing techniques, long hair layers, disconnected bobs and pixie cuts.